Sam and I had our 2 week honeymoon perfectly planned out... We hardly even had a time-limit, just to be in San Miguel by the time our #2 reception was on Aug.6th. Other than that, it was painted out to be the most picture-perfect honeymoon ever. We planned it so it would be a "Road Trip/Honey moon" down the coast of Mexico. Our stops would be certain beaches such as, Rocky Point, San Carlos, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, etc...After Sam got a speeding ticket in CA right before crossing the boarder, we made it to The first stop- Rocky Point. It was awesome (aside from the fact I felt sick the entire day) Our hotel was right on the beach, walking distance to the ocean. The beach was everything I expected Mexico Beaches to be like: warm, clear, and so on... It was perfect-except the little blue jellyfish i luckily noticed, i'm not a fan of most sea animals... :)
Hermosillo, our next stop. We just drove through this BLAZING HOT city, My brother in law served his mission here, we came here to see the temple, and it was beautiful. It's cool to know the church is true everywhere.
San Carlos. The only bad part was the "beach front hotel" was not nearly as nice as the first. Sam was kind enough to tell the maid to please clean the room again because i was TRIPPIN haha. (I guess i'm a germ freak) SO we're walking along the beach while the maid cleaned our room-again- and i'm looking for seashells along the shoreline and BAM I feel this sharp sting on my left ankle. I FREAK OUT. I knew immediately i just got stung by those same blue little jellyfish I saw at the last beach.. I yell to Sam(who's swimming in the ocean-with the little devils(crazy)) and i limp (like my leg was cut off) back to our towels. It hurt so bad and I thought i was going to die. It was fine after like 20 minutes... THEN Sam got stung about an hour later by a big one all down his back and his hand. He was mad and wanted to kill it. (His was funny for some reason) I felt better he got a worse one than me. We were both wounded together, and enjoyed a beautiful sunset from a hill we saw.
Then.... Los Mochis (The place i now Despise with all my being) the place where we were leaving the "HASSLE FREE ZONE" -Sam and I wondered what that meant the whole Road trip so far... There were toll-roads and occasional stops the whole way so far, so this stop seemed ordinary(and i was half asleep). Little did we know we drove right into the mouth of the lion! LONG story short, the stupid guy asked for our "permisso" or permit to be able to drive an "American" car in Mex. (Sam and I never heard of anything like it and really should of looked into it before we came-but obviously didn't have one) So he(the mexican authority guy) took Sam's keys, made us wait in the BLAZING hot heat for hours... only to tell us "i'm taking your car." I guess its LEGAL here in Mexico for the government to take your car just like that!!! Sam made tons of phone calls to his parents and everything but there was absolutely NOTHING we could do. ALL i knew, (and could understand) is that we now don't have a car, and they're not giving it back to us. I was scared, and to be honest REALLY mad. Hours later, we figured our only way out is to take a bus outta' here before night fall. Sam said, okay, get everything you can carry out of the car because were probably not getting the car back. UM, we had ATON of stuff in the car, including my wedding dress, shoes, about 6 big suitcases, shoes, and all the other little stuff you can think of. We obviously couldn't carry it all, so we had to leave a lot behind:( So we got on a bus and got to where ever we were(i forgot) and LUCKILY there was a church neighboring the bus station. We walked there desperate for some help, Some girls knew Sam from his church high school, and the bishop hooked us up with a lawyer(fellow bishop), and a ride to a Hotel we stayed at that night. The next day we met up with a lawyer, he said you might as well forget about the car, because it would cost WAY more to get it back then the car is actually worth. I felt so bad for Sam:( He had JUST paid it off not even a year ago. My WONDERFUL husband took care of everything, he was determined to finish our honeymoon on a good note:) He set up an amazing 5 night stay at the BEST hotel ever on the Beach in Mazatlan. That's where we headed next.
Mazatlan, was in short THE BEST. Good food, amazing island visits, aquariums, boat rides,hotel, people, places etc...I had SO much fun every single day. The only bad thing was I lost (my mother in laws) camera with ALL our pictures on it. I was so sad! It took me a couple hours to recover haha. Luckily it was early on.. so we went to office depot and bought another and it was all good...in short i had the best time here.
All in all, Sam and I realized we were lucky to have our love and each other on the Most EPIC Honeymoon ever.
that is so crazy! I hadn't heard the complete story yet! I can't believe they took your car...especially after sam just paid it off! At least you had lots of fun and were in love :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited you started a blog! I will put a link on mine. I'm excited to see all your adventures! Love you!
ps...LOVE your background and the color scheme :) I want to steal it
ReplyDeleteRoz,
ReplyDeleteI love the blog..........awesome. Keep up the fun.........
Love,
Daddy