4/3/13

Easter 2013


Easter was fun. We didn't do anything for Bojan's first easter last year (no one celebrates it with the "easter bunny" over here like we do it in the states. HOW SAD, HUH? sooo... they sell nothing of that matter. No dye, no plastic eggies, no bunnies, no peeps, the tragic list goes on...)  Ok, so last year sucked, but this year was fun and cute! LUCKILY sam's aunt found him an easter basket with little treats and plastic eggs and gave it to him.  I found NOTHING of the sort here in San Miguel. (she lives in a bigger city, with way more) He loved his eggs, and caught on how to do this easter egg hunt rather quickly.  The hunt didn't last long, however, because he found the chocolate egg early on.  Found it, had a bite, and it was all over. haha. It was SO  cute.  I'm glad for future easters, that I know where I can find easter stuff for him and carry on the traditions that I had when I was a little girl... (Imagine him being the only one in his primary class that got anything from the easter bunny?? this should be interesting) On a completely diff. note.... Mexicans are so funny. They wont go to anything catholic all year, or may go a few times, or are devout catholics, and celebrate every catholic thing (there are ATON) with fireworks, weird/creepy Jesus displays, and food.  On Saturday night, 11pm, the fireworks were going off.  And just so you know, they're not even the cool, pretty ones.  For the most part they are just the ones that go up in the air, make a light of explosion, and that's it.  I'll never understand.  I do miss my holidays in the states... it's not the same, but i'll try to bring it to my children, the best I can! 

1 comment:

  1. Roz - haha - I hope there are some fireworks and craziness when KJ goes to visit.... shake things up a bit, you know.......??

    ReplyDelete