We made it! We are here... pretty much moved into our new house, in our new country, in our new life. Update time.. SO, Sam worked in SLC,UT from the time we graduated at the LDSBC..(so dec.15) until we moved on Jan. 27, and I flew to LV con mi sista Kamile on dec.15, and stayed con mi familia until a few days before we moved, Jan. 24th. SAYING GOODBYE SUCKED! hahaha. No, but it really did. Vegas will always be my favorite place on earth:) it's where i grew up mostly, and the place with my most fondest memories. I came to the realization that at most I would see my family 1-2 times a year for a while.. which probably made leaving them even harder. I cried and cried for days. haha. who wouldn't?! I miss them. HOWEVER, I like it here. I like Mexico, i like San Miguel De Allende. The fact that both Sam and my future is up in the air makes this seem like a big adventure. MY PLANS: are to 1st, take spanish classes, and master the language. I'm hoping it wont take longer than a year to understand at least.... haha. 2nd, i want to go to the Art Institute of San Miguel, and start painting classes. 3rd, i want to make my house a HOME. Our first home. I want to love it here. some days i can't even believe I live here. A year ago, I would never picture to be where I am now. I always pictured myself ultimately livin it up in NY or LA... never in my wildest dreams (and i'm a crazy dreamer) would I ever have pictured myself falling in love with someone at age 19, getting married, and MOVING to MEXICO?!... Fortunately I know that there is a special plan for us all, and if this is mine, i'm happy.
When I, or any family says ya i'm moving to Mexico, people freak out. haha. When people think Mexican, or Mexico, they think of a short, dark, hispanic guy with a mustache and a sombrero, and dirt roads and drug wars. Which is true, but not for me:) My husband is not that, and where i live is a safe place far away from the boarder and the wars.
It is nothing like LAS VEGAS! haha.. but i have high hopes, and am looking forward to what i can learn here.
I'm glad you made it. It sounds wonderful. I love the pictures! What a beautiful place to make your home.;)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds wonderful! I think it looks so beautiful! Way better looking than vegas! I can't wait to come visit! Seriously cobble stone streets? It's like some kind of book? Love story most likely. You sound like your doing so good! I think your amazing for trusting the Lord and doing everything your doing with a smile and with faith. I just know your house will be the coolest home ever. Just get yourself some paint and it's sure to be beauitful and unique...just like you! Wish i was as talented as you! I think it's awesome you get to live this adventure. Keep the posts coming on all your happenings! Love you!
ReplyDeleteashlee
thankyou claire!
ReplyDeleteand thanks ash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a lovestory ! haha, my favorite part is waking up, looking outside at an always blue sky, and colors. theres so many colors here. and you're right! paint is one of the first things on my list of things i NEED. haha, i cant wait for you guys to come visit:) love you
I can't believe you are living in Mexico now! Sounds like an adventure! It's so pretty there though!! I love the cobble stone roads! You should post pictures of your new home! :)
ReplyDelete