2/11/11

Feb. 11, 2011
SO, i'm coming up on the end of being here about 3 weeks.  Each week is getting better and easier (for adjustment) for me. 
I love this month because of the feel. the feel of love! 
I've always loved Valentines day even when i didn't have a "valentine." (which i think was meant for adults anyways. )
AND to make it even more AWESOME, Sam proposed to me on Valentines day with a beautiful yellow diamond almost exactly one year ago. So, i'll love it forever.
So far i've been trying to keep myself as busy as possible. Sam's dad has been taking time a couple days a week to teach me spanish. Which is hard, but good for me. Also, i've been swimming twice so far since i've been here, which is perfect because that means it's warm! and it's Feb.! It's around 80 degrees here everyday, Sam says it rarely gets into the high 90's and never gets into the scorching 100's, so, basically it's always perfect tanning weather. yay for me no more WHITENESS. It kind of reminds me of California, really warm during the days, and then at nights you need a light jacket.
Anyway, Happy birthday to my big brother Rico who turned 26 yesturday. It's always bitter-sweet for me when any of my family has a birthday. Because no matter what I know i'm going to miss it.  But i just pray that my loved ones know that i think about them that whole day. 
I have had 2 Sundays here so far, in the Spanish ward. (which, all 2 of them are spanish)
I like it.  Everyone talks to me out of pure kindness-even though i need someone to translate for me most of the time. Everyone gives kissed on cheeks here for greetings. So everytime we say "hola" we give kisses on cheeks. I like it. haha. It's so personable. The Bishop already talked to us, wanting to give us callings i'm sure, (they need leaders-not saying I am one yet, but I have been a member my whole life, which is an advantage) But I need to learn spanish first.. haha.. I like singing the hymns, because then i "fit in" haha, I can say what everyone else is saying in spanish (because i'm reading it)
Also, Sam's mom has invited me to her kick boxing class with her on Wednesdays. it's not Legit kick boxing where i have gloves and punch people, haha its more of just moving our bodies. we do air punches/kicks, we excersize with those big balls and weights, and so far its alot of fun and it's a good way to keep me in shape.
There is a Flower fair thing here where a bunch of people sell their trees/plants/flowers for really cheap. so, saturday we are going and im going to buy some flowers for my house.  It reminds me of when Kamile and I would go with our mom and she would let us pick out flower seeds, and we would plant them with my mum. good times.
What else... Oh Sam and his business Kulander Agencia Digital is doing great. He loves it. 
Well! that is all for now...

4 comments:

  1. Roz, We miss you MUCHO and think and talk about you every day. Mom and Kamile and Paula check Facebook several times a day to see if you're on or if you've posted anything. Your blog is AMAZING as your life is with your new adventure, and I know you're up to the challenge - with Heaven's help. Just keep on keepin' on and vote for Pedro, all of your wildest dreams will come true. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet!! :) It sounds like your having fun! I'm so glad your liking it more and more! Swimming in february? So jealous! hahah Remember take LOTS of pictures for us! Cause i wanna see all this fun stuff! Oh and the flowers! That is sooooo cool!!!!! You should learn how to garden...I want a bell pepper garden! haha ANYWAYS, i miss you!!! :) (oh and your dad's comment is super cute! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serously...your dad really is the cutest. And your life in Mexico sounds wonderful! Swimming in february, a flower fair...I want to live there! You better learn your spanish fast so you can start serving in your new ward..your are totally right...you are going to be a great leader out there. They are so lucky to have you! We are so proud of you and miss you! Vote for pedro! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know dad youre awesome! hahaha.
    kayla- it is a great experience so far... I lost my camera for a while but it was in sams droor. but i will:) yah i want to gardedn lots and lots!! u and your bell peppers!! miss u too:)
    and thanks ash, i seriously CANNOT wait for you guys to come see whats out here!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete