2/25/11

So, a little update on life lately...
Spanish is getting ___ that much easier, I can now tell where a word ends and where a word begins in a sentence when people are talking. This may seem like a little thing, but it's huge! When people speak Spanish, especially over here where they speak very fast, it sounded like one HUGE word. Now i can tell what the words are. But not their meaning quite yet:) I heard somewhere you can lean a language by reading the  B.O.M in Spanish and English. So Sam and I started 3 days ago and it seems to be helping.
Anyway it felt like Christmas this past week because Sam bought me Paints, and paintbrushes, and thinner/oil, and canvas!!!!!!!!!!!! (see below)
my supplies for happiness!

So  now all I have to do is narrow down all my ideas, since I only have one canvas to work with right now.
I took some pictures of my house even though its still very plain and bare.
OK so this is my fridge full of very cute magnets  and pictures of all my family
My front door. haha
living room by front door and my cool couches. haha

i made a ''BIRTHDAY"calender of all our family so I wont forget anyone:)

This is what we drink our water from ONLY. Its cute i like the flower theme. anyway.. we can't drink out of our tap cuz its probably bad water.

our table. no center piece yet. YET!

I LOVE the iron work in our house. these are the stairs going up to our room and balcany.

our room from downstairs.

my favorite. the light in our living room. its crooked but you get the point.

upstairs, the door to our outside balcony.

This wonderful machine. Sam's parents furnished our entire house and luckily bout us this too or i dont know what we would do with our dirty cloths??? haha. Now we need a dryer. People NEVER use dryers here. They hang their cloths to dry. Sam and I don't like that idea, but getting a dryer probably wont happen soon. they are very expensive. haha.

this is outside in our washing are. We will get a cover for this area soon so that our Washer doesnt get ruined.  I thought it was very creative of Sam to use a droor thing and the wall as a pot. haha. one day this flower plant thingy will grow and spread out and should be very pretty. 

This ancient/old school contraption is what I have to use seeing as how they don't have/or sell swiffer wet jets here. UHH. LITERALLY almost formed blisters after using this thing. Im obviously not a mopper. haha. However, seeing as how i am also a very positive person, and seeing as how i had to go old school to clean my tile floors, i decided to jam to old school beats. too cool. i actually didn't mind it that much. 





5 comments:

  1. Roz - too cool for school!!!! Thanks for the updates. Your house is muy upgraded since we were there last Agosto. I like it muy much!!! The pix are great ones, and I can just imagine you moppin' floors and hangin' your clothes to dry, etc. Only you could do it.......not just anybody could hang with all of the excitement and adventure you're getting to experience. Have fun paintin'. Luv, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get gloves girlie for when you mop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your silly roz!!! Like you could forget your families birthdays! Lol I think you should just buy a swiffer wet jet online and have it shipped to you!! SO worth it! Haha you should take a virtual video of your house!! And congrats of learning the spanish! Miss y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ironwork is stunning! So pretty. It's nice to have a house that's artistic by itself...before you even add your own touches : ] congrats, girl!

    ReplyDelete