My dear sweet little baby is 7 months old now!!!
Time really is passing by quickly. It's getting easier and harder all at the same time.
Why its getting easier:
1. The last three nights he has been sleeping ALL NIGHT LONG. (almost) he has 1 feeding at about 3-4am. I'm thinking this is a new phase.
2. He isn't breast feeding as much. only 3 or 4 times a day. 4 tops. Which means a whoooole lot more time in the day.( it seems) Because when he was a baby baby breastfeeding consumed a LOT of our day.
3. He is eating faster. Instead of feeding for like a half hour, he eats for 10 minutes, and is done. It's nice.
4. He is starting to fall asleep on his own w/out me rocking him or holding him. By that I mean I put him in bed, he cries for about 10 min., which BREAKS my heart into pieces, then he just stops and goes to sleep! He needs to learn how on his own without me doing it every time. It kills my back rocking him to sleep because he's so much bigger and heavy!
5. He eats his Gerber food which makes him fuller soooo that means not breastfeeding as much. which i already said.
6. He can entertain himself longer and longer now! I can just put him down in his play pin or on the floor and he will play w/ all his toys for about an hour! Sometimes not as long but if he's not feelin' playtime then I put him in his walker and he goes to town walking around all over the place. So he doesn't need me to hold him as much.
7. He sits. So entertaining himself is easier as he can reach more things and look around.
Why its getting harder:
1. Since he has been sleeping SO well during nights lately, he's been sleeping HORRIBLY during the day. My baby isn't a sleeper anyways, which is quite frustrating sometimes, so nap time is a cat nap time instead. almost always less than an hour. HE'S TOO YOUNG FOR THAT!
2. Real foods = NASTIEST poo's.
3. We almost have TOO much free time. Its hard to entertain a baby after he's played w/ everything, and doesn't want to sleep yet.
4. He's teething. He's bitten me. Not fun. Gums are nicer.
5. He has an attention span of 3 seconds. So I have to constantly be giving him new/diff. things to play with. empty water bottle, empty gerber can, spoons, empty bag wrappers, his baby shoes.... etc...
6. He is on the verge of crawling. Which means I will be 10 x more paranoid.
He is such a good baby though. He's sweet, silly, fun, ADORABLE... and so on...
Besides him not being a great sleeper, he's been perfect. Some days are extremely hard, others are a breeze. My mom says "babies are ever changing" I have to adapt to something new he does like every day!
It IS the greatest adventure. One of my most favorite things is making him laugh. His laugh is like a dose of happy. It's just instant happiness. His daddy especially makes him laugh. And i just tell sam, keep making him laugh! its just SO cute. Also I love those moments when he just looks up at me and stares at me. I think he's just telling me that he loves me. I love being this boys mommy. THE funnest.
More pics coming...
Aww that's the sweetest thing Roz! He is getting so big, he's a little chunker and i don't know where he gets it! haha you make me so excited to start having kids! i miss you! i'm glad y'all are so happy right now!
ReplyDelete