I will die young if I have any more days like this.
Last post I said I'm going to be paranoid because he's trying to crawl everywhere and such? Well he rolls alot too as a way of transportation. Today I did a huge mom-fail, placed him in the boppy, gave him a toy and ran to the bathroom, I did a pee, was pulling my pants up and... BOOM! My little sweet baby had transported himself OFF THE BED via rolling. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped. We here in Mexico don't have CARPET in our room. We have TILE. Sam had just left the house cuz he had a meeting. I took the baby and ran outside and luckily Sam hadn't left yet. I was just shaking and he was crying this cry that tore my heart into pieces. I had failed him as his mommy. I wasn't there to protect him from harm. It was the BIGGEST sense of failure to me! Oh I was so sad! His nose was bleeding too. Because I think he face planted. After about 5 min straight of crying and crying his abuelita calmed him, and he began to play and laugh again. We took him to the doctor and there was nothing abnormal and he was fine. THANK HEAVENS. He doesn't even have a bump on his head or anything. I am just soooooo SO so grateful he didn't get hurt. I know, I should have never left him on the bed not even for a second. But he had NEVER done that before. So now that he is more active than ever before i'll be more careful. You'd think that would be the end to a bad day? No. Not in the life of a mommy. Later, as he was playing in his playpin, he did the hugest poo that not even his diaper, onsie, or shorts could keep in. No, it was all over his back, bum, legs, socks, toys and playpin matress. Oh, and it gets worse. I left the wipes in the car. Samuel had a car to finish his meeting. OH BOTHER! Luckily he walked in, and saved me right when I needed him. Good hubby. ANY WAYS.... here's to the better days of parenthood.
Oh my gosh roz that is sooo sad and scary!!! i'm so sorry! don't blame yourself you had to pee! haha i'm so glad he is okay!!!! and that poopy diaper sounds like a disaster! haha
ReplyDelete