I really cannot believe how quickly 2013 has been passing by. I mean, it's almost over, and today is my not-so-baby-anymore-17 monthday! Now counting months is starting to sound ridiculous and too old! haha. Next month he can officially be in nursery! Sam is desperately ready for another baby, but I must say a new addition to the family will be later rather than sooner. I'm really enjoying Bojan's stages and his little life right now for a while until we
both are ready to have the family grow.
My in-laws have officially been gone for a week, and it feels like alot longer to me! We had an amazing last Sunday before they left that Tuesday, and I tried to take as many pics as I could for their last few days here with us for 3 years. Good thing my parents didn't go on a mission, or i'd die. Sam's grampa has moved next door to us, seeing as how his other daughter (who was taking care of him) and her husband got called on missions as well. He wanted to move here, and only here, to San Miguel, and so I am now mostly taking care of him. Luckily he's really healthy, walks well, and can move himself around just fine. But it's still a lot of responsibility on me and my husband since we are closest to him. It's all so new, and I've never done anything like this before, but so far it's going well. An hermana in the ward makes him food every day, and we go pick it up at 1. I like to take him out somewhere/anywhere at least once a day, and visit him at least twice a day in his house to make sure he's doing okay and isn't too lonely, as I can imagine life with out a spouse is.
The great thing about having gramps around is the knowledge he has about
life. He is very wise, and has accumulated a lot of experience in his 84 years. It makes me wish I would have talked SO much more to my grandparents, especially my dad's dad, whom I hardly knew by the time I got older, and by the time he passed away. I wish they would have written a bibliography about their lives, or left something for their posterity, because now it's all just memories, and memories can easily disappear with time. When the time comes, i'll be sure to write all about my life and its experiences. So far, keeping a hand written journal and a blog makes it easier for those memories to stay. I know that taking care of gramps will be challenging at some times, mostly because we have no idea what were doing yet, but I also know it will be a blessing spending so much time with him in the last part of his life. Lets face it, he's 84 and cant wait to be reunited with his wife again, and by the time his daughters get back from their missions, he'll be 87! I know we, and especially his grandchildren-my husband and his siblings, will learn alot from him in the next 3 years.
Now here are some pics of the last few weeks.
 |
| this was cool! at hecho in mexico, a yummy restaurant |
 |
| happy birthday to helaman |
 |
| happy fathers day sam! |
 |
| last sunday with friends and family |
 |
| aunt felicia and uncle sergio, now mission presidents in merida mexico |
 |
| friends |
 |
| just hanging out |
 |
| hold me abuelito! |
 |
| family |
 |
| roony |
 |
| goodbye for now |
 |
| helaman and felicia |
 |
| father's day picture 2013 |
 |
| with aunt felicia |
 |
| goodbye! |
 |
| one last picture for a while |
 |
| she took care of him ever since his wife passed away. saying goodbye to her dad for now |
 |
| father and daughter |
 |
| sam teaching the youth the rules of basketball at church |
 |
| bojan and uncle benji |
 |
| i love these |
 |
| eating at las crepas |
 |
| gramps enjoying his saturday |
 |
| here comes the rain |
Awesome pics Roz, and narrative. You're a great storyteller - almost as much detail as in your artwork - I said almost!! And almost as colorful as well. That pic of the dog nose made me laugh. :)
ReplyDelete