3/22/11

Mexico city!
I hate that place, hahahaha. This past weekend Sam, Sam's dad and mom, Samantha (mi cunada), and Benjamin (mi cunado) took a trip to Mexico City. Why, you ask? Because Samuel, Sam's dad, Samantha, and Benjamin all attended a school there called Benemerito de las Americas High School.


It is basically a boarding school from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They literally move there for all four years of high school, can you imagine?  They all loved it! So it must have been a good school. The campus was a sight for sore eyes.  It was stunningly beautiful. 



We went there because they have a yearly anniversary, and everyone who has ever graduated from the school is welcome to come celebrate on this annual occasion. Friday evening we arrived at our hotel, Quality Inn, and then headed to the mall, which of course felt like Christmas to me.
 It was a lot of fun. Then we got incredibly lost on the way back from the mall, finally made it back to our hotel, got dressed in our Sunday best, and headed to the dance. I LOVE TO LATIN DANCE. I'm not as good at it as i'd like to be, however, I don't care if i'm good or not I still love doing it. Plus, I LOVE dancing with Samuel, it's so cute and I fall a tad more in love w/ him because he knows how to dance. (Not the best dancer in the world but it's still so cute) He's more of a sporty pants. It was fun dancing a few dances w/ him.



 Then we left, slept, and woke up the next morning to a brand new day. (I love the feeling of a brand new day, don't you?) Saturday was fun, we went back to the school and Samuel and Benjamin got to play basketball on their old stomping grounds. I even got to meet the coach who thought it was funny to call me "Mrs. BYU" I didn't even go there :D haha. His coach said Samuel and Benjamin were some of his best players he's had, and that he loved them.  It was fun to watch them play ball.


 THEN we left and drove to Queretaro where we went to the MALL again, to eat and to look around, and finally headed back home to SMA. Sunday came rolling around as quickly as it usually does. This Sunday was different however because we went back to Queretaro to eat at Gramps and aunt Felicia and Uncle S's house for Sunday dinner. It was a lovely time. <3 


2 comments:

  1. Awww!! How fun!!! I LOVE hotels!! It seriously looks like summer every single day there! Always having fun and taking trips and relaxing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosa Linda, como estas? Sounds like a weekend adventure to rival all of those trips you used to make with the girls to town square in LV. Not to mention the hotel stay and seeing your hubby's alma mater. We miss you!!! D-da

    ReplyDelete