3/17/11

SO i finished that painting. I decided a rose because I've always wanted to paint one, and they are my favorite flower and want to know a funny fact? No one can say "Rozslin" here, they call me Rose/Rosalind/(attempt @ Roz). haahha. I find it hilarious that they can't say my name. No ONE can say my name. Anyways, another funny fact is that when i was little I wanted my name to be Rose. Got my wish a bit late I suppose! The background was white for a few days, I couldn't decide what on earth to do with it. So, I painted it a distressed black. And put my own designs in the background. I like how it turned out, now where to put it?? I like it better than real life than I do the picture. Pictures with a digital don't quite do justice sometimes. OK. here it is.
w/flash...

w/out flash...

close up of da detailsss...

Samuel. I just love him in a hat.

Me. today. tryna' look cute. hahaha.
So nothing new lately.. 
except Samuel got a calling! He is the Young Mens President, he loves it already. The boys need him, and I think that it will be a great calling for him. I want one:( bitter-sweet because I can't have one because I dont know ESPANIOL. this language is so hard to get used to!!! haha. Its sweet because I don't have to worry about anything haha! Also, we are going to Mexico city tomorrow. And dancing tomorrow night. I can't wait. I'll take pics and share later!

4 comments:

  1. love the painting! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did SUCH a good job on your painting!!!!!! I'm really impressed Roz! Thats so cute that you use to want your name to be rose! And now it is! hahaha It seems like they would be able to say rozslin...but I guess not! Lol COME VISIT US!!!! Seriously. Sam would never let y'all huh? And oh my gosh if he died your hair....YIKES! hahahah I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roz,
    Evyeyone here loves, loves the rose and the distressed black background turned out great!!! Kamile is jealous that you painted such a pppeeerrrfffeeecccttt rose. It's beautiful and Mom wants it!!! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. celina-thanks!!! and congrats on ur lil guy, kayla Yes I WANT TO COME visit soo bad!!! We will for sure one of these days i promise, and dad, thanks for da update!! i told mom she could have it if she comes and gets it:D hahahah love you dad

    ReplyDelete