8/8/11

Nothing too much has been going on here in good ol' San Miguel.  Just a few things.  Sam keeps busy w/ work and starting up his business and taking care of me (his princess) and oh, his new calling which will keep him very busy.  He got released as the YM President, and got called as the 1st counselor to the bishoprick... A huge blessing we didn't see coming! I am 20 years old, now married to a "High priest-member of the bishoprick" haha. I am already so proud of him, he conducted his first sacrament meeting yesterday and was a natural! I am still YW secretary.  I feel like one of the counselors though.  Our 2nd counselor mooooved, and the YW pres. has been moving at a glacial pace on getting a replacement, so I have been doing a lot of activities and taught my first YW lesson in SPANISH.  I was terrified when she asked me.  But couldn't say no to a challenge.  I did it.  The girls helped me w/ words, and did well participating.  It didn't help that the lesson was on the Law of Consecration and Sacrifice.  I would have somewhat of a difficult time explaining that in English let alone Spanish.  I am almost done w/ making Sam's aunt's quiet book. It has taken forever, I now really want to invest in a sewing machine.  So anyways to get back on track, when all the drama went down on our honeymoon w/ sams car (explained in one of my first posts in 2010) he was left w/ out many shoes.  So we bought him some black church shoes (last year) and he left them in a hotel in Mexico city.  Which, by the way, I could never do to my shoes.  I love them too much. And so this past weekend we went and bought him some new black church shoes, and a new white shirt because his are old old old. I snuck in a shirt from Zara myself and had a blast discovering all the stores in the malls we went to.  We went to 4 malls. We ate Subway. SO GOOD. Discovered PIER 1 IMPORTS in Mexico which I am thrilled about, and looked at baby cloths/things.  It was fun.  We also get to find out what we are having on the 29th of THIS MONTH. I'm so excited to find out. I can't wait because then I can start collecting lil' things.  Anyyyyyways.. thats about it!

1 comment:

  1. Roz!! He is in the bishopric?!?!?! Holy cow!!! Congrats to y'all!! That's is crazy!! But so exciting because you will be so blessed. Good job on the lesson in spanish! That would be so scary but that's how you learn!I am so glad y'all are doing so well!! :) I can't wait to find out what y'all are having! :) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete